Try this super simple yet amazingly delicious lentil soup - a family recipe passed on from a couple generations.
- 2.5 Cups Water, More or Less Depending on Desired Thickness
- 1/2 Cup Red Lentils
- 2 Tbsp Zeytin Extra Virgin Olive Oil, More to Drizzle on Top
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Sliced
- 2 Tsp Dried Mint
- 1 Tsp Urfa (or Red Pepper Flakes)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large pot, add water and lentils and boil on medium heat for around 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend the soup using a hand blender until you see no lumps.
- In a separate pan, heat Zeytin Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium heat and add in sliced garlic. Sauté until the garlic is soft and fragrant.
- Add in dried mint and urfa and heat on low for about 30 seconds while stirring together. Add this mixture to the soup and stir until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!