- 3 very ripe bananas
- 3 eggs, large
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup Zeytin Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan Zeytin Extra Virgin Olive Oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas and add in all wet ingredients together. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- Pour dry ingredients except the chocolate chips into wet ingredients and gently fold together - do not over mix. Add in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. If desired, gently place a few chocolate chips on top of the batter and back for 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove banana bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before diving in.