3 tbsp Zeytin Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling on top
1/2 sweet onion, diced
1 large broccoli head
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth, more or less depending on desired consistency
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Heat Zeytin Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pot over medium heat. Add diced onion and sauté for around 3 minutes.
2. Add broccoli and sauté for another 3-5 minutes.
3. Add chicken broth - bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender and can easily be mashed with a wooden spoon.
4. Let it cool for 5 minutes, then transfer the soup into a blender to purée until smooth.
5. Place soup back in the pot, turn on heat to low and add in mascarpone cheese, stirring gently until you see no lumps.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. When serving, drizzle a generous amount of Zeytin Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top.
#recipe #extravirginoliveoil #cooking #oliveoil #zeytin #zeytinolivesoftroy #goodcooking #healthyeating #eats #vegetarian #homechefs #soup #EVOO